The global platform for the trillion trees movement, 1t.org, was launched at the 50th World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland in January of 2020. The 1t.org platform is designed to “connect, empower, and mobilize a global reforestation community of millions, unleashing their potential to act at an unprecedented scale and speed, to ensure the conservation and restoration of one trillion trees within this decade.” This new global platform is designed as a major contribution to the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration that runs 2021-2030.
To achieve its mission, 1t.org is developing a programme of work across three main pillars of action:
- Raise Public Private Ambition
- 1t.org Business Roundtable
- Country/regional platforms (e.g. US Chapter)
- Unlock Systems Change: Accelerating and mainstreaming innovations in
- Policies (e.g. to favour implementation of programs)
- Technology (e.g. improved monitoring)
- Finance (e.g. Carbon finance)
- Mobilise and Empower
- Creating a (digital) community
- Serving Grassroots Champions
Engage with us to take action on any of the above three pillars of action.
UpLink Trillion Trees Challenge
In the summer of 2020, we will launch a ‘Trillion Trees Challenge’ Competition on UpLink, the Forum’s digital platform to crowdsource innovative ideas and solutions to accelerate the delivery of UN SDGs. We will share the update here once the Trillion Trees challenge is launched.